>

Would You Buy a Juicer or a Blender on a Plant Based Diet?

Looking into a juicer the first thing that popped up and grabbed my attention was of course the price. They are not cheap. However, buying a grill to cook steaks on isn't either or a fryer for frying, so I put that to the side. Price really doesn't matter if you're doing this for your health. Just saying.

Advantages

I found that juicing separates the juice from the pulp. It allows for a much soluble fiber that absorbs water in your intestines. That supports healthy bacteria in your stomach. Juicing is a great option when it comes to cleansing and detoxing you're system. If losing weight is one thing you're trying to accomplish, then I definitely would buy a juicer. It is the most popular option when people are considering this type of change.

Disadvantages

When I was looking at the disadvantages, I really only found a few things that others mentioned while doing research. They are expensive and much harder to clean. That's it, everyone seems to love their juicers.

BLENDING ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES

Advantages

This is my personal favorite just because I like the fact that I get everything from the fruits and vegetables. It separates nothing. For me that means it has a much more insoluble fiber. At 50 years of age it fills me up and keeps me much more regular in my stomach and a better stool. Blending helps me support my weight while getting all the nutrients in the final product. Also, my favorite advantage is you can add super foods to the blender.   

Blueberries   

Acai berries   

Goji Berries   

Cacao if you're blending a shack with almond milk.   

Chia seeds   

Hemp seeds

That's just naming a few, you get my point. Because, you are drinking more of the pulp it allows you're body to absorb the sugars much slower balancing out my sugar index. I feel great with much longer energy levels. That's just me though, you will have to decide for yourself. A blender is also much cheaper and I feel I use it for other purposes as well. It is much easier to clean also.

Disadvantages

Well I would actually like feedback on this, if any of you have any thoughts on disadvantages. The truth is it is my favorite option and absolutely love blending. Let me know you're thoughts in the comments section below.

WHAT ABOUT BENEFITS OF BOTH

Here is my thoughts on this, how can it be bad to put more fruits and vegetables into you're diet on a daily basis? Both of these options give great benefits with fiber in your digestive track. The health benefits alone should be enough for anyone to want to take the next step and add either the juicer or blender to your kitchen arsenal.

I have a history of health issues in my family, mostly cardiovascular disease. Just by doing either of these options you can actually decrease you're chance of a stroke by 26%. Now, I am not a doctor and I have only found this information while doing the research myself on the health side of it. Also,

Alzheimer's disease is something

I have my own thoughts on as well. It been said that by adding vegetables it can help prevent or prolong the progression on this disease. That is another reason I moved to a plant-based diet. I feel that with all the growth hormones provided to the animals we consume, is a leading cause as well. As well the chemicals that we put on the non organic produce. That is another article for another time.

DECIDING

I will say this though, I live a plant-based lifestyle and have made changes, this is just one of them. In my opinion it is completely up to you which route you would like to go. Whether you blend or juice you are making the change for your health. I have lost over 80 pounds and reduced my blood pressure down to normal, all by exercise and changing my lifestyle. If making changes either way makes you feel better and live longer, wouldn't you do it anyway? If you're looking to buy either one pick the one that you will continue to use every day for your family's health.

Remember that if you're combining different fruit juices to either blend, you could be effecting the final product. If, the sugar levels are high in the juices, then you're kind of defeating the purpose. Even the frozen fruit have all kinds of additives and sugar. Remember to read all the labels before you blend everything together. Also, one mistake many people make is adding too many fruit to their juicer or blender. If you're trying to lose weight it might actually slow weight lose down. I like to blend straight vegetables and every now and then I will add some kind of fruit. Remember I mentioned the super foods? I actually add more of those to make the most healthy shake.

If I don't feel like pulling out the food processor, I will use my blender to blend ingredients for my vegan burgers and hummus. So there are other things that you can use a blender for.

Popular Posts